Learn more about us and our experiences
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.”
We believe that travelling is all about experiencing, learning and adapting to a different culture. In order for you to be able to do this, we have put together an extensive program covering tours, experiences and workshops. In addition we have an event calendar with an overview of things to do in San Cristóbal.
Who we are
Cultura Distinta is a collective of cultural centres, artisans, and local entrepeneurs offering a wide array of different tours and experiences in San Cristobal. Our graffiti and culture tour is a great starting point to discover what San Cristóbal has to offer. We show you the rich street graffiti culture of San Cris, and visit the cultural centers and local entrepeneurs (chocolate, bakeries and cafes) we work together with.
To offer locally based experiences and workshops which can contribute to your knowledge of the culture and traditions of Chiapas. We work together with artisans throughout the city who can teach you about chocolate making, weaving techniques, embroidery and more. Check our workshops and experiences for a full overview.
- Show you San Cristobal and what it has to offer through our graffiti and culture tour
- Promote local culture through our workshops
- Provide workshops and experiences with value
- Work together with local artisans and projects that are sustainable and which can make a positive impact on the livelihoods of local communities.
- Respect for people, peoples and diversity
- Contribute positively to the local community by sharing, cooperating and bringing people together (join our WhatsApp group!)
- Bring joy, engagement and share knowledge